The Cambrian Music Program is proud of the success of our alumni! Many graduates go on to further their studies, while some return to their communities and begin working as music teachers, adjudicators, in retail, publishing or at radio stations. Here’s what some of the Cambrian Alumni are up to…
Completed B.Mus at Brandon University after graduating from Cambrian College and M. Mus from McGill University.
Currently teaching at a large conservatory in Hamilton, performing with three Hamilton area orchestras as principal clarinetist
Founding member of the Ricordare Trio, a fast-rising ensemble performing across Canada in the chamber music scene
- Completed B. Mus and M.Mus at the University of Ottawa after graduating from Cambrian College
- Received full scholarship to Harvard and Yale for doctoral studies
- Became a leading lecturer in the conference circuit on Shostakovich and in the field of Gender Issues in Western Music
- Currently a professor of Music History at U. of Ottawa, and completing a PhD in musicology
Chris O’Neil- Graduated 2000
- Completed B.Mus(perf) at University of British Columbia after graduating from Cambrian College.
- Percussionist with several orchestras from Vancouver to the Okanagan Valley
- One of the founders of “The Drum Café” in Vancouver
- Opened “Drum Café” in Toronto in 2003, and is now vice-president of the growing enterprise.
Tom Jones- Graduated 1997
- Completed B.Mus(perf) at the Cleveland Institute of Music after graduating from Cambrian College. M.Mus at North Western University.
- A noted virtuosic double bass concert artist
- Winner of the Cambrian College President’s Silver Medal, and was nominated by Cambrian College for the Premier’s Award in 2002.
- Currently conducting the North Bay Symphony, and teaching a large studio of community students
Pierre Lamoureux- Graduated 1988
- Completed B.Mus at McGill University after graduating from Cambrian College.
- Became much sought after as a producer and created his own label ‘Stereo Records.’ He soon moved to New York where he quickly became known for producing high-end films and music.
Clients include: Peter Townsend, Willie Nelson, The Who, Deep Purple, The Tragically Hip, The Pretenders, Cowboy Junkies and Alanis Morissette.
Film productions include: “Only You – In Concert” (winning a Grammy in 2005), PBS Great
Performances, Harry Connick Jr. (Pierre’s work led to an Emmy in 2009), ‘Zappa Plays Zappa” (Grammy